A relay team consisting of 4 or 8 members will complete the entire marathon course. Runners within a 4-member team will each run approximately 6.5 miles and runners of 8-member teams will run around 3.3 miles of the course. Each leg could vary slightly. This is a great opportunity to experience the marathon without committing to a longer distance.
The course is mostly flat and fast, with a few rolling hills between miles 11 to 13. The route includes plenty of shaded neighborhoods, several golf courses, and great crowd support. The race starts on the west side of Wolf Pen Creek Park and finishes on the east side of the park near the amphitheater. Both areas are within close walking distance of plenty of parking. There will no transportation between relay stations, so you’ll need to work out your own transportation.
Employers – Learn more about our Corporate Team Relay here.
- Relay consists of 4-member and 8-members teams. No other team size is permitted. Teams without 4 or 8 members upon close of registration forfeit their entry into the race and no refunds or transfers will be permitted.
- Each team must designate a captain who will set up a team name in the registration system. Team captains will provide each member with the team name and password (if created) to join the team. Captains will not be able to register the entire team.
- Each team member is responsible for their own registration and must join the appropriate team.
Entry Fee (per team):
4-Runner Relay Team
May 10 – June 1: $160 ($40/Runner)
June 2 – August 31: $180 ($45/Runner)
Sept 1 – Oct 31: $200 ($50/Runner)
Nov 1- Dec 7: $220 ($55/Runner)
8-Runner Relay Team
May 10 – June 1: $320 ($40/Runner)
June 2 – August 31: $360 ($45/Runner)
Sept 1 – Oct 31: $400 ($50/Runner)
Nov 1- Dec 7: $440 ($55/Runner)
- Official participant t-shirt of the BCS Marathon
- Commemorative marathon relay medal
- Custom bib number
- Access to post race party with excellent food and beer spread
- Overall awards for 4-member and 8-member teams
Team members must be 12 years of age to participate in the relay.